KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab
KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab is an interactive family studio located just around the corner from The Rockwell Museum at 36 E. Market St. in Corning, NY. The Art Lab’s activities are inspired by the art of The Rockwell Museum, which means every time you visit, there’s something new to see and do!Explore Now
We recommend spending about 1 hour at the Museum to visit all 3 floors, and 30 to 90 minutes at the Art Lab, depending on your child’s attention span and comfort level.
We believe Museums are a place for all ages, from babies and toddlers through adulthood. Activities at the Art Lab and Museum are designed primarily for ages 4 through 12, with a playmat, simple blocks and book nook available for our youngest visitors.
All restrooms at the Museum and Art Lab are equipped with changing tables. At the Museum, restrooms are located on Floor 1M.
You are welcome to breastfeed anywhere in the Museum or Art Lab. At this time, there are no designated nursing or pumping areas.
Strollers & Bags
Strollers, wheelchairs, mobility devices are permitted. Free wheelchairs and umbrella strolers are available to borrow during your visit. Large bags may be stored in your stroller, or behind the desk at Admission. There are no lockers or coat checks available.
Food & Snacks
Food, drinks and snacks are not permitted in the Museum galleries. There is a comfortable, designated snacking area at the Art Lab.
If your child is having a tough day and you have to cut your visit unexpectedly short, your tickets are valid for 48-hours.
Take advantage of the many gallery activities and games found at the Museum
- If you have one, use your Family Pass for free entry for your whole party
- Pick up a KIDS Guide at the front desk. This engaging booklet includes a coloring page, scavenger hunt, and many conversation prompts so you can get together and get creative during your Museum visit.
- Review our Social Story for visitors who like to know what to expect out of their museum visit
- Learn about Visual Thinking Strategies to spark conversation with your kids while looking at art in the Museum
- Please do not touch the artwork. Some of the artwork is over 200 years old, and we want to make sure it lasts for many more years to come!
- Remember the indoor speed limit and always use walking feet in the Museum. You’ll see more artwork if you walk slowly!
- Respect the space and others in it. Take turns with other visitors and be mindful of your body.
- Grownups – please always keep at least one eye on your children in the Museum at all times.
How We Play
- The Art Lab is a self-guided and interactive space for everyone to enjoy; grown-ups too!
- Children must be supervised
- Remember the indoor speed limit and use walking feet at all times
- Please wear shoes and socks for safety
- Please return materials to their containers and dispose of any trash or scraps
- Respect our space and others in it by taking turns and being mindful of your body
From the BlogSee all Posts
August 23, 2023 | The Rockwell is excited to introduce the latest addition to our team, Amanda Lett, the new curator of collections and exhibitions. Amanda completed her PhD at Boston University in American …