What does it mean?
1. Rockwell Members can now upgrade to join the Smithsonian Affiliate Membership Program, which includes a subscription to Smithsonian magazine, free admission to Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York, NY, and many additional discounts on Smithsonian visits, such as IMAX tickets, cafe dining, and special recordings.
2. The Rockwell Museum is a resource to Smithsonian Museums as well as to the museums of the Smithsonian Affiliate network. We share our exhibits and collections, collaborate on important research projects, and develop innovative educational strategies at local and national levels. In fact, artwork from The Rockwell’s collection is already part of a Smithsonian exhibitions.
3. The Rockwell can borrow objects and artworks from the Smithsonian collection, as well as access Smithsonian story-tellers, artists, speakers and performers. We host Smithsonian exhibitions and lectures.
4. The Rockwell staff has access to additional resources, national conferences, and professional development, which means we are able to serve the Corning community even better.
5. The Smithsonian does not manage or provide any funding to The Rockwell. We rely on generous funders, partners, members, and donors like you. Your support for The Rockwell means that we can further arts education in the area and offer more innovative experiences, providing dynamic programs for hundreds of individuals of all ages. Your support helps bring tens of thousands of visitors through our doors and into our beautifully restored historical building.