KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab
KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab is our interactive family studio, located just around the corner from the Museum at 36 E. Market St. in Corning.
The Art Lab is opening! In order to safely re-open, a visit to the Art Lab will look a little different–reserve your time slot today!
Families will be able to explore our maker stations at your leisure. In order to keep our visitors safe, we will be limiting visitors to family and friend groups or ‘pods’. That means you’ll have the place to yourselves! With the days getting cooler and shorter, the activity stations at the Art Lab will be new and bright for exploratory play and art-making! Plus, free WiFi makes it easy to work and play from the space at your convenience.
Click to reserve
- Located at 36 E. Market Street, Corning, NY, just around the corner from the Museum
- Groups are limited to 15 individuals. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- We are open Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Two time blocks are available: Morning: 9:30–noon | Afternoon: 2–4:30
- Every visitor group must have a reservation
- Not-Yet-Member registration for up to 15 people for a 2.5 hour time block is $50 | Member registration is $30 become a member
- While we aren’t able to take walk-ins from The Rockwell Museum, you are welcome to visit The Rockwell as part of your day when you purchase an Art Lab reservation
- Masks and temperature screening will be required for entry; masks must be worn throughout your visit
- The Art Lab is not currently available for birthday parties
Click to reserve
All activities at the Art Lab are inspired by the art and architecture of The Rockwell Museum – that means every time you visit there’s something new to see and do!
This year, you’ll find activities that connect with our 2021 theme, Environments Examined. You can expect to find projects that connect to exciting special exhibitions and Rockwell Museum collections.
- Model Magic Coil Pots – Follow simple step-by-step instructions to coil a pot! You’ll use magic markers to decorate your pot for an extra boost of magic.
- Roll-a-Landscape Drawing Game – This game of chance will result in a beautiful landscape drawn by YOU!
- Learn to Weave – Get inspired by basketry in the Museum collection to create your own paper baskets.
- UnFreeze the Frame Video – Enjoy Heather van der Grinten’s original interactive video, filmed right in The Rockwell Museum, and practice “Unfreezing the Frame” on replica posters from the Museum’s collection.
- Light Table – Explore Animals and Habitats!
- Book Nook – Take a quiet moment with great books about the environment and artist inspiration.
Custom-built furniture for the KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab generously provided by LeChase Construction Services, LLC.