Did your child recently come home with a little wooden chip in their backpack or pocket? They received it from The Rockwell Museum on their school tour, and we are very happy to introduce the Forever Pass – just one more great reason for families to explore and enjoy the Rockwell.
Visiting museums and creating art adventures can actually help improve literacy and ultimately help overall success in school. Discovering artwork together is an easy and fun way to spend quality time with your child. We invite you and your family to visit the Museum, as our guests, using the Forever Pass.
What do you need to know about the Forever Pass?
- The pass is valid – you guessed it – forever! If you keep track of your pass, it never expires.
- Each pass admits a whole family for free admission.
- You can use the pass as many times as you’d like! Simply present it in the museum’s Lobby each time you visit.
- There are two dates on the coin representing the school year your student visited The Rockwell. Come back each school year and start a very unique collection.
What will you and your family do once you get to The Rockwell?
- Our year-round Family Exploration Studio is the perfect family play-date spot.
- Daily drop-in activities like the Art Hunt make art come to life!
- The Museum Store features one-of-a-kind-products for kids, perfect for gifts and more.
As part of your child’s tour, they learned the basics of how to “read” a painting. When you visit, your son or daughter can share with you what they learned during their tour by answering some of these leading questions:
- “What’s going on in this picture?”
- “What do you see that makes you say that?”
- “What more can we find?”
©Visual Thinking Strategies www.vtshome.org
Here’s a few additional conversation starters for when you’re in our galleries:
- Which artwork is your favorite and why?
- Why do you think the artist created the picture?
- What story does this picture tell?
We hope to see you soon!