The Rockwell offers free admission in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 21, 2019.
« Back to Blog
Help Support The Rockwell for Another 40 Years
2016 marks the 40th Anniversary of The Rockwell Museum. As we wrap up the season, we cannot help but reflect and be proud of the evolution of the Museum from an idea to share Bob and Hertha Rockwell’s quality art collection with the community, to its current nationally recognized status as a Smithsonian Affiliate.
Although we may be celebrating 40 years of great success, there is still so much more to do! That is why we hope you will consider making a year-end gift or become a Rockwell Museum Member today.
Support from friends like you allows us to continue to:
- Showcase our collection in recently reinterpreted galleries – have you come to see our new “Horse” Gallery yet?
- Present exciting temporary exhibitions – this year we’ve seen glass artist Richard Parrish, famed western artist Howard Terpning, and a uniquely curated show by Steven and William Ladd.
- Offer unique educational, entertaining programs like An Evening with Kal Penn, Rockwell Roadhouse, Smithsonian Speakers and more!
- Ignite students with a love of lifelong learning through inspiring, hands-on, interactive arts-related experiences in our Family Exploration Studio
- Reach students who may not otherwise experience art through rich outreach programs like The Alley Art Project, The Great Circle Artist-in-residence Program, the ever-collaborative Garden of Fire, and more!
It is friends like you who enable The Rockwell Museum to continue to share art about the American experience, connecting the past with the present to inspire our shared future. Thank you, in advance, for your support. All of us at The Rockwell look forward to seeing you in 2017.
« Back to Blog
Don't miss a thing!
Be the first to know about activities at The Rockwell by signing up for our e-newsletter. Choose the topics that interest you: exhibitions and collections news, live music events, lectures, family and youth events, education news, volunteer opportunities, and new offerings from The Museum Store.
Sign up for our e-newsletter