The Rockwell Museum was selected to partner with the Utah Division of Arts & Museums on a research study to evaluate the social impact museums have on their communities. We are seeking individuals (age 18+) to provide valuable input on this national study.
Participants will receive free admission to both The Rockwell and KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab for themselves and one guest. This means you’ll have the opportunity to experience the Museum throughout the seasons as exciting exhibitions and artworks come through our galleries. As a thank-you for your time and input, each survey participant will receive a $25 VISA Gift Card.
- Click here to apply online!
- You will receive a notification via email within two weeks about your acceptance into the project, as well as instructions to participate.
- Participants are then excpected to visit The Rockwell and/or Art Lab three times by May 2022. Your admission is free for you and a guest in exchange for your participation in the study. Kids/teens 17 and under are always free at The Rockwell.
- After the third visit, you will complete a 30-minute online survey about your experiences.
- As a token of our appreciation, you’ll receive a $25 VISA Gift Card after the completion of the survey.
There are a limited number of opportunities to participate in this study, and participants will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis. Once you have applied, all communications will come from the research agency, not from The Rockwell.
Both first-time visitors and regular visitors (age 18+) are welcome to participate. Please share this opportunity with friends and family who might be interested in visiting The Rockwell for free, and participate in this study.
More About the Measurement of Museum Social Impact Project (MOMSI)
Thanks to a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museums and Library Services (IMLS), the Utah Division of Arts & Museums, in partnership with Thanksgiving Point, had the opportunity to select museums across the country for the Measurement of Museum Social Impact (MOMSI) project. After a competitive application and review process, The Rockwell Museum was one of 38 museums selected for the study.
Social impact is the effect of an activity on the social fabric of a community and the well-being of those who live there. This study will measure social impact through strengthened relationships, health and well-being, continued education and engagement, and intercultural competency.
Working with the MOMSI team in Utah, museums across the country will recruit and survey visitors from their local communities. The data collected will inform The Rockwell on our social impact and will provide validated data about the museum field generally.