Tiny Gallery Concert Contest
Calling all musicians! Looking for inspiration for a new song? Want to help provide a #momentofzen for our community? We’d love for you to create and perform an original song that shares your interpretation of an artwork from our collection! Browse eMuseum for song inspiration, then submit a video of you or your group performing your song for The Rockwell community to see!
The contest is now closed for entries! Thank you to the 17 amazing artists who contributed to the contest! The winner will be announced by June 29, 2020. A panel of judges will choose the winner. All Tiny Gallery Concert Contest entries will be judged using the following criteria: adherence to guidelines, musical quality, musical appeal, originality and presence and charisma.
Each submission will be featured on The Rockwell’s website and social media channels and automatically be entered into a contest for a chance to perform a live show at The Rockwell Museum. This paid gig of $500 would be organized around the winner’s schedule, include free entry for ten of the winner’s fans and be paired with a one-year free membership to the Museum.
The Tiny Gallery Concert is open to adult individuals and groups. Each person or member of the group must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
- Include one ORIGINAL song inspired by The Rockwell Museum – the building, an artwork, object, gallery or Museum history (covers will not be accepted);
- be a maximum of 5 minutes in length;
- be uploaded to YouTube in a format acceptable to YouTube;
- use the following format for song titles “Tiny Gallery Concert Submission: Title of Song”; and
- comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms.
Videos must NOT:
- contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement;
- features any music that is not originally written, performed, and produced; or
- include minors or individuals who have not authorized their image or voice to be submitted.
- Only one submission per individual or group
- Winning artists are responsible for their own travel costs associated with the performance at the Museum
- Each member of the winning group will receive one complimentary membership per person (maximum of 4)
How to Submit
- Fill out this form to submit your entry. After submission, your video will be posted on The Rockwell Museum website and social media channels to help lift the spirits of The Rockwell community and beyond.
- Prior to submission, upload an embeddable, publicly viewable video to YouTube. You will be required to sign-in to YouTube to post a video; if you do not already have a YouTube account, you will have to create one.
- Please consider adding the following language to your YouTube video description:
“Join the Tiny Gallery Concert contest with me, and you could win a paid gig at The Rockwell Museum in Corning! Visit rockwellmuseum.org/tiny-gallery-concert for more info and submit by May 29, 2020.”
Submission Forms will be accepted through May 29, 2020; the winner will be announced by June 29, 2020.
A panel of judges will choose the winner. All Tiny Gallery Concert Contest entries will be judged using the following criteria: adherence to guidelines, musical quality, musical appeal, originality and presence and charisma.
By electronically submitting, you and/or your group agree for The Rockwell Museum to share your video publicly and enter you or your group into a contest to win a chance to play a live show at The Rockwell Museum.
browse emuseum submission form