Thank you for considering The Rockwell Museum as a resource for your research project. We ask that you complete the following form as thoroughly as possible so we can best be a resource to you. Once the form is received, an employee of The Rockwell Museum will contact you to discuss your request further and schedule a time for your visit.
By submitting the form below, users agree to have read the access policy statement listed here and agree to abide by all rules and regulations of The Rockwell Museum. The user assumes full responsibility and agrees to identify The Rockwell Museum of any claim, damage or expenses caused to The Rockwell Museum by my use of The Rockwell Museum’s materials.
Rules of Access
For anyone entering the Registrar’s Office to study art objects, the following rules must be adhered to, or they will be asked to leave. These rules apply to all collection materials. The staff of The Rockwell Museum will make every effort to see that qualified researchers are given a reasonable amount of access to collections and assistance in their research needs.
- All research projects require a prior appointment and all decisions concerning access to collections will be made at the discretion of the Curator of Collections & Exhibitions or Registrar. Access to certain items may be limited due to conditions or other reasons established by the staff.
- Food and drink—including chewing gum, candy and mints—are not allowed in the Registrar’s Office.
- A Rockwell Museum staff member must be in the Registrar’s Office at all times when objects are present.
- Research visitors working around original materials are not allowed any personal items.
- Pencils are the only writing implements allowed within the Registrar’s Office. Laptop computers may be used but should be placed at a safe distance from any artwork. Photography is not permitted.
- Take care that nothing touches the art. Remove or secure any objects that might fall or cause a danger to artwork, including ties, scarves, jewelry or identification badges.Avoid sneezing or coughing over objects.
- The Rockwell Museum staff will handle all artwork. In isolated cases, researchers who are experienced museum professionals may be permitted to handle certain objects.
- Removal of materials from the building is strictly prohibited unless a loan has been arranged.
- The Rockwell Museum may request a copy of any subsequent publications.
- Requests for photographic images and permission to reproduce should be made in writing and submitted to the Registrar.
- The researcher is advised that The Rockwell Museum may not hold literary or other copyrights to some items and that securing these rights is the researcher’s responsibility.
- Researchers are expected to abide by all professional and scholarly best practices of research ethics.
Required fields are noted as such. By submitting your request, you agree to the Rules of Access stated above.
For a printable pdf of the form, click here. Hard-copy forms may be mailed to:
The Rockwell Museum, Registrar | 111 Cedar Street | Corning, NY 14830
Research Request Form
Thank you for considering The Rockwell Museum as a resource for your research project. We ask that you fill out the following form as thoroughly as possible so we can best be a resource to you. Once the form is received, an employee of The Rockwell Museum will contact you to discuss your request further, and schedule a time for your visit if needed.