Employment at The Rockwell
The Rockwell Museum maintains a unique work environment in the beautifully restored Old City Hall Building in downtown Corning in New York’s Finger Lakes Region. Nestled in scenic upstate New York, Corning is a vibrant community with an attractive, historical downtown and home to Corning Incorporated—one of the world’s leading innovators in glass and materials science and world-renowned Corning Museum of Glass.
Our small staff is a committed, creative, energetic team that continually embraces diversity of thought and backgrounds. We are passionate about advancing our work and our commitment to the community. We offer full- and part-time positions with excellent benefits. The Rockwell Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Excellence—We are leaders in all we do.
- Innovation and Creativity—We design dynamic and imaginative programs.
- Our People—Through the full involvement of our people, we achieve excellence, innovation, and creativity.
Membership and Grants Manager
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Summary: Responsible for all aspects of membership and grants management, including grant submissions and reporting, donation tracking and correspondence, and monthly membership processing. Works with the Director of Advancement to strategically expand funding opportunities. Serves as a power user for the Museum’s CRM database (Patron Manager), ensuring detailed tracking of constituent activity.
- Processes memberships, general donations and grants in CRM database and produces timely gift acknowledgment correspondence.
- Leads the development of fund development reports for the Advancement Department, ensuring effective oversight of memberships, donations and other fund development initiatives.
- Manages all aspects of grants administration, including but not limited to grant applications, reports and all supporting documentation; works with program owners to ensure accurate tracking of financials and program data.
- Collaborates with Director of Advancement to identify new funding opportunities and expand grants profile.
- Reconciles donation revenue with the finance function, ensuring accurate coding of all fund development transactions.
- With the Director of Advancement, increases the number of Museum members through creative branding, membership initiatives, and events and programs.
- With the Director of Advancement, advises and collaborates on sponsorships for exhibitions, programs, events and activities; coordination of Silver Dollar Society benefits and events; and management of annual appeal.
- Works with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement formalized continuity guidelines for Patron Manager.
- Administers monthly membership renewals.
- Evaluates and updates fund development correspondence.
- Leads customer tracking in CRM database to ensure accurate records of current and future Museum constituents.
- Serves as Museum liaison with members, funders and donors as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Administration or related field required.
- Three to four years of experience in fund development, grant writing or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a diplomatic, professional phone manner.
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook and Word on a PC platform.
- Ability to learn Museum CRM software required; experience with CRM databases strongly preferred.
- Proven self-starter with strong work ethic, self-motivated, resourceful, conscientious, punctual and energetic.
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong emphasis on thoroughness, accuracy and follow up.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers and people at all levels.
- Ability to work within deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed; flexibility and adaptability in schedule.
Interested candidates should direct their resume and letter of interest to Sherry Kirk, Executive Liaison & Financial Assistant: email@example.com