Employment at The Rockwell
The Rockwell Museum maintains a unique work environment in the beautifully restored Old City Hall Building in downtown Corning in New York’s Finger Lakes Region. Nestled in scenic upstate New York, Corning is a vibrant community with an attractive, historical downtown and home to Corning Incorporated—one of the world’s leading innovators in glass and materials science and world-renowned Corning Museum of Glass.
Our small staff is a committed, creative, energetic team that continually embraces diversity of thought and backgrounds. We are passionate about advancing our work and our commitment to the community. We offer full- and part-time positions with excellent benefits. The Rockwell Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Excellence—We are leaders in all we do.
- Innovation and Creativity—We design dynamic and imaginative programs.
- Our People—Through the full involvement of our people, we achieve excellence, innovation, and creativity.
Group Sales Associate
Group Sales Associate
Title: Group Sales Associate
Status: Temp/Kelly Services (Part-time; 16 hours a week)
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Director
Sales position responsible for supporting the growth of the adult group tour market for The Rockwell Museum. Works with the Marketing Director to develop, implement and monitor recruitment and retention communications to targeted commercial and non-commercial tour groups. Serves as on-site host to booked groups and provides a high quality visitor experience, including meet/greet and gallery tour occasionally. Also works on the Guest Services frontline at The Rockwell when necessary.
- Generate group sales through phone and email outreach. Significant prospects provided; additional creative sourcing and networking imperative
- Complete booking process from reservation, to invoicing and payment
- Maintain comprehensive records and accounting
- Courteous and professional care of group contacts and their needs
- Trained as a gallery guide and provides interpretive adult tours
- Sells admission to The Rockwell Museum, Corning Museum of Glass and tracks demographics (via computer)
- Answers questions about the art, history and mission of The Rockwell as well as the local region
- Transacts sales accurately and efficiently at Museum Admissions
- Maintains working knowledge of The Rockwell Museum collection and group sales operation
- Associate’s Degree required
- Sales or marketing experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a diplomatic, professional phone manner
- Proven self-starter with strong work ethic, self-motivated, resourceful, conscientious, punctual and energetic
- Proficient in Excel and Word on a PC platform, design skills in Adobe suite desired
- Ability to accept direction willingly and to follow through with delegated tasks
- Ability to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 20lbs if needed
- Knowledge of the region desired (or ability to learn quickly)
- Ability to comfortably interact with people of different cultures.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Strong knowledge of computers and technology
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tasks or situations quickly and cooperatively
- Ability to report for scheduled shifts on time and be dressed appropriately
- Associate is generally scheduled a minimum of 16 hours per week and up to 20 hours per week (includes ½ hour break for lunch).
- Hours of operation are 9 a.m. -5 p.m. and 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. during the summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day), seven days a week
- Dress code is business casual and must be followed
- Orientation and training will be provided
Submit cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com